Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Fun

Our Easter weekend began with some fun family time on Friday. Troy was in charge of worship Friday evening, but he had the day off. We took advantage of the nice weather with a trip to the playground. Timothy took a ride on Clifford the big red dog.
Later in the day I helped Timothy color some eggs. He was pretty interested in the process and would have loved it if I had let him stick him hands in the dye.

Saturday morning we went to the community egg hunt. Technically Timothy was too young (minimum age 2 years), but I wanted to go anyway. He got to make bunny ears and an Easter sticker picture. Timothy was overwhelmed by all the action. He picked up an egg, put it down, watched everyone. Eventually he picked up one egg and brought it back to Troy.




Since Troy had to be at church at 6am, we held off on the egg hunt until the afternoon. Easter worship was a real treat for me. Troy got to worship with us. He was only in charge of kid's time and the benediction at the service I attended. Troy's mom joined us too. It was nice to worship as a family!
It took Timothy awhile to figure out the egg hunt. We had to pretty much point everything out. I put vanilla wafers in one egg and cheerios in another(remember he is an only child so he knows nothing else!). He loved that. He also got coupons for special activities with mom and dad. (these mean nothing to him now, but they will some day!) I know he caught on to the idea of finding eggs because on Monday he kept bringing me eggs in hopes there might be more treats!


Troy and I had a great day. We enjoyed hosting our first family holiday. It was only us and Troy's mom, but we were happy to have the company. We even got a cute family picture...and everyone was smiling!

No comments: