Thursday, September 8, 2011

Preschool

Today was finally the day.  I was probably as excited as Timothy!  I keep reading about all these others kids having first days of school and now it was our turn.  I really did have some anxious energy this morning waiting until we headed out the door.  We had a special family breakfast together and then it was a rather normal morning.   I let Timothy pick his clothes, except I opted not to send him in his first choice of shirts--his Calvary Lutheran "Be the Church" shirt.  (He is attending preschool at a local Catholic church).  His second choice was an alligator shirt--he randomly reaches for a shirt, so I don't think he minded my veto.

As we headed out the door, he said he was really excited.  We arrived a few minutes early, but there were already a few kids there.  He went right in and was ready to play.  I had to call him back to give me a hug.  I missed him while he was gone, but I was mostly excited for him and wondering what he was doing and if he was having fun.

At pick up time, Timothy was a happy boy.  He told about the art project they did and the "Biscuit" story they read.  We heard about snack, and playground time how he hung from the monkey bars.  He showed us how Mrs. Hammond had them line up and how we should fold our hands to pray.  We even did a little role playing with Timothy being Mrs. Hammond.  And the best part...he said he can't wait to go back in 5 sleeps!  It was a good day for all of us. :-)
Sprinkle pancakes for breakfast!

The classic first day of school picture outside our home.

Making his way to his new school!

No comments: