Sunday, July 1, 2012

Fun at the fair

A few weeks ago, our church had a family event that had bounce houses, games and face painting. Timothy spent the whole night bouncing, but saw a friend that had his face painted like spiderman.  After the event was over, he wished he too could have had his face painting.  I promised him that we could have it done sometime this summer.

Since that night we have been to three other summer events that promised face painting.  But at each event we have been disappointed to find out that for some reason there was not any face painting.  The fair was going on this week, and once again face painting was advertised.  I figured there was a good chance the fair might actually have it, so the kids and I set out to the fair.

There was face painting, and a 45 minute wait to go with it!  But I knew we had to do it and Timothy and Teresa were angels while waiting in a hot building with nothing to do.  The wait was completely worth it for how happy Timothy was.  He was set on being spiderman.
A very happy spiderman!

After waiting so long for Timothy's painting, we had to do something for Teresa.  Her stop was the petting zoo.  There were all kinds of cattle, sheep, goats and pigs.  Teresa's favorite might have been the "hop-hops" in the 4h building.  When we were ready to go, Teresa was very sad and I had to  let her go say goodbye to the bunnies.
Teresa and Spiderman take in all the animals.


Teresa chats with a sheep.
It was hot at the fair, and we did not do a whole lot, but both kids were very happy with their respective experiences.  Timothy pretended to be spiderman all afternoon.  It was very sad to wash his face before bed.  I was slightly tempted to let him sleep with his facepaint, but it would have made a huge mess of his bed.  So we have pictures and video to remember our spiderman!

No comments: