Thursday, April 18, 2013

Snow, snow and more snow

It is April 18th and it feels way too much like winter!  I am ready to put away sweaters and snow pants and hats and mittens.  But with a yard full of snow and temps in the 30s that just won't happen yet.  I long to pass the afternoons outside playing.  (We do get out some and have done lots of puddle splashing, but I want playgrounds and grass and bike riding!)  Instead we are back to playing at the mall playground and I even took the kids to the Burger King playland this afternoon just for something different.  The are always up for a smoothie for snack. 

Timothy's soccer was supposed to start 2 weeks ago and I am not sure enough snow will even be gone by next week.  The playground in our front yard (a toddler one) is still about half covered in snow.  We awoke to snow this morning and I think a bit more is yet to come this weekend.  I know spring can be slow in coming, but this is getting to be way too slow for my taste.  And Timothy is ready for summer too.  He has taken to wearing shorts whenever we are at home.  I just keep telling myself that it has to warm up eventually...right?!

No comments: