The following conversation took place between Teresa and I the other day.
Teresa: I will probably have a sore throat again someday.
Me: I suppose someday you will.
Teresa: Then I will need some ice cream and a little brownie to feel better.
Me: I suppose someday you will.
Teresa: Then I will need some ice cream and a little brownie to feel better.
A little background on this conversation. On Christmas Eve, Teresa's throat started to hurt right around dinner time. She would not eat anything--not even the bread--so I knew she was not feeling the greatest. But it was a holiday and I hated to say no treat for her and maybe the coolness of ice cream would help her throat. So she got some ice cream that night, and she felt well enough to add just a little brownie like the rest of us. And apparently this event solidified in her brain as ice cream heals sore throats! And I suppose that a little comfort food just might heal us some. She probably does have it right!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment