Troy celebrated his birthday this week! He had to work and the kids had school, but we fit in some celebrating in the morning and the evening. Teresa worked very hard to make Troy several coloring pictures. She was up and dressed at 6:30 ready to gift them to Daddy! Timothy was up early enough to, but he had to gift wrap his standard gift for Troy--coffee. The kids got a little distracted with breakfast, but then they got back on Troy to open up his gifts!
Then it was off to work and school for everyone. Troy was teaching that morning, so I supplied him with some rice krispie treats to share. You are supposed to bring treats on your birthday right?! His class was surprised, and appreciative! I met Troy for a later lunch downtown at Crust. It has been quite awhile since we went out together, so it was a nice time.I had to laugh about how Troy's nice birthday dinner turned out. I had a mix of Indian food to make. Usually the mixes I have used in the past turn out quite good, sometimes slightly spicy, but tolerable. Well...this mix was super spicy!! So spicy I could hardly eat it. Oops! Note to self, don't use mixes for special dinners when you have no idea how it will taste! But the positive side was that we couldn't eat too much for dinner which left all the more room for Dark Chocolate Almond Cheesecake. The meal was a flop, but the treat was not. And the birthday boy, had a great big smile by the time it was cake time!!
And of course the partying continued with the after dinner gathering of half the neighborhood kids for a round of ball tag. It was a beautiful night filled with lots of smiles and laughter. The celebrations may have been simple, but they were joyful! Happy Birthday Troy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment