Monday, October 29, 2018

Carving pumpkins

It is pumpkin carving time of year.  We had a family night over the weekend and created jack o lanterns.  Teresa and Timothy helped scoop out there pumpkins for the first time this year.  They both did a good job!
 I thought maybe they would try carving this year too.  I bought a set of little carving knifes.  But they decided carving was still mom and dad's job!  So we carved and the kids colored.
 Teresa picked a stencil of a cat from the carving kit and that was my job.  The carving knifes made it it super easy.  Troy had to draw Mimikyu (a Pokemon) from the computer picture, then draw it on the pumpkin, and finally carve a bunch of detailed parts.  His job was much harder and that was why he was carving by himself.
 I went on to wash the pumpkin seeds and get them ready for roasting.  Yum!
 The final product and two happy kids!
The pumpkins look great all lit up.

No comments: