Well, it has nearly been two months since I last posted pictures. A lot has changed in that time, but I have few pictures to document it.
November went by in a blur as my dad faced doctor appointment after appointment and ultimately ended up in the hospital fighting Mesothelioma. He passed away on Thanksgiving morning. Thankfully we got to spend the whole week of Thanksgiving with family and we all had time with my dad before he died.
I stayed a few extra days with mom before heading back home. Then it was home for a few days and back up for the funeral. The funeral was a lovely service honoring dad, and many people came out to celebrate his life. We are missing him so much.Then it was back home and right back into the real world of daily life. I had church work to organize, Christmas shopping to do, a birthday to plan, and it was not easy to jump back in. I felt numb and just tried to focus on a day at a time. Some days were easier and some more fun. I enjoyed getting to go to Timothy's Living History Museum at school. He presented on trade in Williamsburg.
We also had a fun, but quick trip up to Aunt Mary's house. There were pictures to decorate for the pizza delivery person, and gifts to open by the tree. We also happened upon a tree lighting ceremony that got us a spot on the local news!
We took part of a few of the hometown celebration activities on Saturday like seeing Santa, getting face painted and trying samples at Millers! There was lots of fun we had to miss because we had to get back home. Maybe next year!
My sadness still lingers, but I try to find the little things that bring joy in each day. This week Troy and I got to hear Timothy's school band play Christmas music. That was a fun treat and they all sounded pretty good.
Now we await the coming celebrations with joy and sorrow as we miss one so dear to us.
No comments:
Post a Comment