Friday, October 18, 2019

My Dad

One year ago the kids and I went up to MN for fall break.  I have not always taken the kids up, but decided to go for it last year.  We had lots of fun at the apple orchard, and at a cousin's Halloween party, and jumping in the leaves.  My favorite memory, however, is giving my dad a hug before we left.  It would be my last hug I ever got from him.  I mean a true hug when we were at home and he had his arms wrapped around me holding me tightly.  It was the last time I got to be daddy's little girl held in my father's embrace.

Two days later we learned about his cancer.  A month later when I saw him again, he was in the hospital.  I could hold his hand and sort of get a hug as he lay there, but it was not the same hug that I had gotten from him all these years.

I wish I had a picture of our last hug.  But I do remember the feeling of being so tightly held and loved.  These pictures remind of hugs and love I grew up with.  I miss my dad so much, but I am grateful for his love and hugs!








No comments: