Monday, July 27, 2020

Birthday Party #1!

Due to some unplanned circumstances, Troy and I decided to throw Teresa a birthday party sort of spur of the moment.  The idea came to us Sunday and on Wednesday we had a party happening.  Luckily, I am a planner, so I had the majority of the games thought out and did not have too much work to make it all happen. 
It was a geography themed party to some extent.  I taught the kids about a couple of countries/continents.  Then we played some games that were loosely associated with the country.  Three of Teresa's neighborhood friends, and Timothy were able to come.
Here Teresa is waiting to bowl for water bottles. A Canadian game, as bowling was invented in Canada.
We kept the party outdoors and socially distanced to a certain extent--we tried!  The day was beautiful and the kids had fun so we consider it a big win!
No candles on the cake this year, and Happy Birthday was a recorded song rather than sung.  But the dirt and worms cake was still yummy and overall it felt like a pretty normal birthday party.



Troy got this pinata last fall at the Party City closing sale.  It was our Mexican themed game!
Troy decorated our teddy bears.  He was watching over our bottle of hand sanitizer!
A happy girl waiting to open presents.

No comments: