Troy bought new socks for Timothy over the weekend. I was pretty excited when on the first day he wore them, the socks stayed on all day even withstanding the Timothy shuffle. (The shuffle is Timmy's unique way of rubbing his feet together when he is seated). I really thought these socks were going to do the trick for keeping toes warm, but as I have been told when you think you have things figured out something changes.
Now that I have socks to withstand the shuffle, Timothy learned how to pull his socks right off of his feet! (Yes I've been warned that this would happen too.) And once they are off he starts biting them. Socks--yum, yum! I tired to insist that we play a game called ''keep socks on your feet," but Timothy wasn't in to that one. I guess I should be proud that Timothy pulls his socks off--object permanence you know! He knows his toes are still there and he must think the socks are just another form of peek-a-boo. Mommy hides his toes and it is his job to find them.
When I finally relented and took away his socks yesterday, he still had a hankering to chomp on some fabric. He began pulling his arm into his sleeve and biting his shirt. I don't know why there is this sudden interest in biting clothes--I think I will attribute it to teething. We have used that excuse to explain everything else why not this too!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment