Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Art!

The preschool teacher in me has been longing to do art projects with Timothy. When he was three months old, I had colored pencils in his hand letting him randomly swipe at paper. I have made a few other attempts at art, but today was the big day...a project that he actually did by his own free will. (And he enjoyed it too!)

I had some sweetened condensed milk in the fridge for awhile now, and I knew it would never get used for cooking, so why not art. A little food color, a muffin tin, and cotton swabs and it's an instant art project.

The first thing Timothy did was put it to his mouth, but it must not of tasted great as he only tried to eat it one other time. He mainly liked to play with the messy cotton swabs, but he did actually paint some on the paper after I showed him how. It was a lot of fun to watch him enjoy the sensory experience.





No comments: