For a fun mommy and son activity, I took Timothy to the water park today. It is the "Mommy & Me" day when they offer a good price in the mornings. Being 39 weeks pregnant and not exactly owning a maternity swimsuit, I wasn't sure if this was the best decision. But with creativity in the swimsuit department and a determination to have fun I gave it a shot.
I am thankful I did. Yes it was hard to fit in the inner tube on the lazy river with Timothy and hoisting him around the pool with the basketballs was a bit awkward, but his delight and pride at going down the baby water slide alone was worth it. I truly didn't think he would try it alone, but was very glad he did. (Going down with him in my lap was hard with the baby belly.) He loved the slide and did it over and over and over. Seeing that joy and the fun he had splashing and swimming in the water brought me great joy too!
Knowing that he will soon have a baby sister around, I really wanted to have one more one on one fun day with him. Sometimes putting the extra effort into making something happen is so worth it--especially when it is smiles and laughter of a 2 1/2 year old that is the result!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment