While we were saying bedtime prayers last night, Timothy asked if Jesus was talking. I told him that since we were praying, Jesus was listening to us. Timothy then wanted to know if Jesus talks to us. I said that we can sometimes hear Jesus when we are very quiet and listen for him and that Jesus also talks to us through the Bible.
I started to go on with our prayers, but Timothy interrupted me. "Shh, Mommy. Be quiet so we can listen."
We were quiet a few moments and then Timothy spoke up to say, "I heard Jesus." I asked what Jesus said.
Timothy replied, "He said your head doesn't hurt. Does your head still hurt Mommy?" (We had just prayed that Teresa's bump wouldn't hurt and that Timothy's scrape would get better. And Timothy was remembering that I had a headache the day before.)
It was a beautiful moment to have my three year old tell me to stop, be quiet and listen to Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment