Yesterday Teresa truly called me 'Mama!' She has been able to say mama for awhile, but this was the first time I really felt she meant it for me. And I know that in a year or two she will be saying Mama way to much, but there is something so beautiful about that first time. It made my day.
It also happened to come on the very day she had tubes put in her ears to drain fluid. Fluid that had ironically drained itself in the two weeks since we saw the ENT doctor. So perhaps the tubes were not needed, but it seems the fluid was messing with her speech. She is suddenly willing to repeat words and I was amazed at what she tired to say yesterday in addition to Mama. Up, down, more, nose, bird, out, milk, moo, baa, oink...none of the words were perfect, but she was trying. Despite the feelings I experienced due to unnecessary procedures, I do find her new found speech is music to may ears!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment