Friday, April 6, 2012

This and that

We just returned from a quick trip to the cities and a visit with my family.  While we were there we had a March and April family birthday celebration complete with a pinata.  (I don't have pictures of the pinata--I was video taping!)  The kids all loved it, and even Teresa took a few whacks.
Timothy and Teresa watch some of the gift opening with their Grandma Rebecca.
I was happy to receive this bag of goodies from Dan and Krista...ingredients for running cookies.  Troy and I were able to sample them after an early morning workout at Dan and Krista's gym.  We joined their running class for a 5-6 mile run.  Good training for the 10k I have coming up, but I was sore all day.  But running 5.5 or so miles is worth it when cookies are waiting at the end! 
I missed out on celebrating April Fool's day, but I had to try this cute snack I saw in Family Fun.  Timothy is always up for Mommy's fun snacks.  It is a miniature lunch...complete with a sandwich, carrots, raisins, apples and mini doughnuts (Cheerios with frosting and sprinkles). 
On Thursday we celebrated Timothy's first communion.  (He actually took communion on Ash Wednesday, but I wanted to celebrate the event a bit more.)  Troy's mom was able to join us for dinner and be at the worship service too.  This is actually one of the few pictures we have of Troy "on duty" as pastor!

No comments: