Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Bike Rider!

Timothy learned how to ride a bike pretty young.  But he did have the advantage of living in a place that was flat and had sidewalks--both a help for learning.  For Teresa, she has lived in a hilly land in her prime learning years.  She also has different interests than Timothy.  But now as she approaches 7, I wondered if this might be the summer to learn.

Two night ago, she had some interest, so I got down the little bike and told her to practice scooting.  It is a little awkward to scoot with the pedals on, but she tried.  I said if she practiced all summer I thought she could master the bike.

So last night she practiced again.  This time she was trying to pedal but running out of room on the driveway to really get going.  So we moved to the street.  She figured out how to get going and, well, off she went down the street.  That's it--2 nights and she mastered the bike!  Way to go Teresa!

Today she moved on the the slightly bigger bike and after about 10 minutes was cruising on that too!

No comments: