Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Father's day

I did not have grand plans to celebrate Troy on Father's Day, but I think it was a pretty good day.  Before church he got a special reading time with Teresa.  She loves to read to people these days!  After church we went to do some new activities and make memories.

We started with mini golf.  To make it more fun we did not keep score.  The kids did pretty good for their first times of golfing.  Troy got two holes in one and I got one as well.  They were excited to see what each new hole would be like.

Our next part of the adventure was hitting balls at the driving range.  Timothy had hit balls once before, Teresa never, and Troy and I had not hit any for years.  But all of us were successful and managed to hit a few balls without too much frustration.



In the evening we attended Teresa's soccer game.  Troy got to cook steaks for dinner and the kids and I made dessert--cookie ice cream sandwiches!  The after dinner activity was a game of catch with the kids and Troy and our neighbor and her dad.  I was glad it was a fun day for a great guy.  Troy is an amazing father and our kids are lucky to have him!

No comments: