Friday, August 27, 2021

First day of school!

School kicked off this week for three of the 4 in the house.  Teresa actually had her orientation day last Friday, but started the regular schedule this week.
Teresa at her open house.  Checking out her locker and practicing the combination.  Middle school has lots of new routines to learn.

She was nervous to go, but had a good first day and seems to like many of her teachers.  Timothy and I picked up a little treat while she was at school to surprise her and all her buddies were waiting for her when she returned home!
Timothy started on Monday.  A rainy day which he thought would mean no first day picture!  Of course we had to get a picture--the porch was nice and dry.  He wasn't nervous at all and ready to at the top of the middle school this year.

The first day of school was good for both kids.  The got to see friends, meet teachers, and get a taste of what the upcoming year will be like.  We celebrated with "Death by Chocolate" icebox cake.  That is why Timothy appears to be "dead" by his cake.  The chocolate was too much for him!
I also started my first day as an assistant preschool teacher.  It felt good to be back in the classroom!  I enjoyed the change back to working with little ones.  One week in, and I am glad I made the move back to preschool teaching!


 

No comments: