Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fiesta!


We celebrated Troy's birthday with a grand fiesta complete with a pinata. I had hoped to take a few pictures from the party to show all the fun we had...Troy dressed up in a sambrero and poncho, festive streamers everywhere, great fiesta decorations...but I truly am not the photographer type (except for pictures of Timmy which is why we have Timmy in the poncho, Timmy riding the pinata and Timmy taking a swing at the pinata!) Pictures or not, it was a fun night. We enjoyed having many of our new friends over. And I especially liked not feeling like we were the pastor and pastor's wife. Troy rightly pointed out it would be hard to take him seriously as a pastor when he was running around in a rainbow colored poncho, sambrero and stick on moustache!! All in all it was quite more thrilling than last year --eating take out food on the floor with a wife on bedresta>

Our celebrations yesterday (his real birthday) were a little more low key. I wished Troy Happy Birthday at 12:30am when we were both up with Timothy. I think Troy liked my birthday greetings a bit more at 6:45am, however, when I greeted him with a thermos full of hot Starbuck's coffee.

In the evening we had dinner together--just the two of us!!-- at the Blue Moose. Although the free birthday dinner at Paradiso was tempting, we the thought of more tortilla chips (the box of chips from Sam's Club really does have a lot of chips in it!!) was less appealing. The Blue Moose had a birthday discount and perhaps more importantly, cheesecake on the dessert menu. :-)

Another year celebrated and many more memories made.

No comments: