Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Today Timothy celebrated his first Halloween. Now I know he really has no idea what is going on, but we still made it a fun day. His morning began with a bit of pumpkin scone for breakfast. I figured that was about the best treat he would get since candy just isn't going to happen yet. Timothy dressed up as Tigger (thanks to whoever put the sweat suit in the Princeton clothing exchange!) I added a tail to make him a 'real' tiger.

Tigger Timmy on the prowl.

Of course it would not be Halloween without carving a pumpkin. So Timothy and I set out to do that this afternoon. I didn't know how he would react to touching the seeds and pulp, but soon enough found out he loved it. I hardly had the top off and he was reaching in. I should not have been surprised by this. As my mom pointed out, Timothy is very good at reaching in his toy box and pulling things out.
Ohh, let me at it!!

A curious look--what's inside?

As with everything Timothy touches, he wanted to put the pumpkin seeds and pulp in his mouth. As you can see by the next photo, I did not let him do this. Timothy is getting very good at showing his disapproval these days. A very loud wail and throwing himself forward are his current techniques.
"Mommy said 'no!'"


I hated to deny Timothy the experience of exploring the pumpkin, so we came to a compromise. He sucked on his nuk and then got to touch the pumpkin.
Studying the pumpkin's eye.


Checking out the finished product.

All the pumpkin carving (and crying about not being able to eat any of it) tired our little Tigger out. He had to take his late afternoon nap to be ready for trick or treating.
Our caged tiger taking a snooze!

We did trick or treat at a few of our neighbors. We tried to refuse the candy since Timothy won't eat it it anyway. (Troy and I weren't out to make our own haul. We just wanted to show off our cutie!) And now our little Tigger is off in dreamland again probably hoping he doesn't have to wear that silly outfit with the hood and tail again tomorrow!

1 comment:

jennifer said...

What a cute little tiger!! How fun that he played with the seeds...and of course put some in his mouth! I'm pretty sure my 3 1/2 year old would have put them in his mouth if I would have let him!! :)