I don't celebrate my baptism day a whole lot, but like the kids I picked a special dinner and a special dessert. And since I love to bake, I made scones for breakfast too. I have been wanting to try this almond custard layer cake from a baking blog. It turned out really good. I even trimmed the cake layers, so it looked even and clean when I frosted it.
My baptism day as a whole was okay. The morning didn't start out the best. I stayed home from work to run my garage sale. That was a success as Thursday was my busiest day. I was bummed through the evening because I learned that my co-workers did not have a sub as my boss forgot to mark done my absence. I felt bad and guilty that I hadn't followed up on my day off and causing my co-workers extra stress. It was sort of a bummer of a night as I was not good at shaking of the feelings.
But it was still a good day on the whole. Here is a picture of my baptism cake!
No comments:
Post a Comment