Thursday, May 6, 2021

Easter



Troy and I did a Daniel fast for Holy week.  We ate only vegetables, whole grains and fruits for 7 days.  So we did not have dairy, or yeasted breads, or sweets, or meat.  It was a bit of a challenge, but a good challenge.  So when Saturday rolled around and the fast was done...chocolate chip hot cross buns sounded really good.  A yummy way to start the weekend and break the fast!


I hope that they will keep coloring eggs with me for years to come, but if not, I can enjoy these days when they still do.
Easter morning came with lots of sunshine.  No one was up particularly early.  We waited until after breakfast of bunny cinnamon rolls to do the egg hunt.  
As usual, not tons of eggs, but we always have trouble locating one or two.  There were some jelly beans, chocolate eggs and trail mix in the eggs this year.  Timothy and Teresa also had to find there baskets.  A bit of a practical year...new sandals, new goggles, devotion books and a chocolate bunny!
We attended parking lot church later in the morning.  We sat outside in the parking lot and being around other people made it feel more like church than it has felt in a long time.  I enjoyed that.  



I facetimed briefly with family and Tory zoomed and had a kahoot with some of his family.  We had thought about an afternoon outing to the riverfront, but it never happened.  The kids played with neighbors and we walked around the neighborhood.

Dinner was steak on the grill and some ham for the kids.  A good day!

 

No comments: